Thursday, November 22, 2007

thanksgiving 2007

while Kevin was putting the finishing touches on our Thanksgiving supper, I was in our room reading "Under A Flaming Sky The Great Hinckley Firestorm of 1894"-a true story about people being burnt alive in an uncontrollable fire. I was bawling. Then our company arrives---my mom, dad, & brother John, so I put the book down, Mom says grace, we eat & visit & play Life Twists &Turns, then they leave. There is a lot to be thankful for. All those mothers desperately trying to somehow save their children, burying them in dirt, putting them down wells, wading into millponds with them, taking them to the cellar, throwing them over fences to get them closer to the passing trains... & 2 of my children are safe right here. Koren wasn't feeling good so didn't come. Roads aren't the best either, I slid twice on way to work & scared myself but good. I miss her, but don't want her to take a chance on an accident, & if she's sick she needs to stay home & rest.
Katie had called & asked her Grandma to please bring her chicken & noodles & cornbread casserole. I got a 25 lb. Butterball at work, plus made 'real' mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, Heinz turkey gravy, Pillsbury hot rolls, & pumpkin pie.
Kevin took a picture of us. It means a lot to Katie to have family over.
And in the end, family is the most important thing...

No comments: