Saturday, September 10, 2011

a childhood memory...........


from my sister Lisa's 30 day photo challange on facebook.................something I keep meaning to start.............

Lisa Axsom Butler
Day 10 - a childhood memory.

This picture is of an old shed on the in-laws farm. It reminds me of all the outbuildings on my family farm I used to play in. My sisters, Deb Dailey and Brenda, and my cousin, Shelia Little-Dauma, used to play Charlies' Angels and Bionic Woman. We would bicker over who got which choice plush accomodations - the loft of the hay barn, the old shed in the backyard, the root cellar in the back yard, and the loft of the old barn down the hill. The old barn had a little room by the front that we decided was a bathroom (no door or anything - kind of like the front left of this building). We put an old coffee can in the room to "do our business in". In addition, we had an old deserted church building on our land about 1/2 a mile down the road from our house. Most of the stuff had been taken out but we would find old bulletins, etc. and would pound of the ancient out of tune piano, on which most of the keys didn't work.
UnlikeLike · · Share
You like this..
Deb Dailey ah, memories..................I am putting this on my family history blog!
a few seconds ago · LikeUnlike.

No comments: