Monday, January 2, 2012

from the mail bag

Axsom Newsletter October-December 2004

THe Southwestern Regional Pigeon show was held today (Bakersfield CA 2 October 2004) with 2000 pigeon breeders attending. Taking first place for Best Male Schetti was Ronald Jess (Bub) Axsom. His other blue ribbon was for first place female. Bub is 10 years old and attends Blue Ridge Elementary School 5th grade in Pinetop Arizona. He is the son of Ron and Susan Axsom, also of Pinetop.
Very proud grandparents, Ron & Louise Axsom, Mesa, AZ

From Deb Dailey of Mercer MO (writing about the new Axsom cd) I had a chance to use it today and WOS! it was worth the price just for the pictures. THanks for all your hard work!

from Wayne Campbell of Garner NC
I received the 1992 Axsom book yesterday and I am so grateful to you for all the work over the years to keep up with our Axsom relatives. The book is extremely well done and I am delighted to have a copy of it. I will spend hours and then some going through it.
Just a couple of days before yesterday I recieved the new Axsom CD and again I am so impressed at the work you and Norma did to make this come to reality. And the fact that you two made it happen and not just talk about it.! I can't say enought good things about it. both have renewed interest in all of my history and I will continue to pursue it all.
Peggy and I are planning to go to Bar Harbor next year and see more of my family and we put you folks, along with Norma and Joe, at the top of those we look forward to seeing.

From Bill Axsom of Rushville Indiana
from an email from Bill to his son Marshall or daughter Deboraha:
Remember you and Mom and me going to Brown Co. and driving out to try and find the Axsom branch and the Deckard Cemetery? We saw a wild turkey run across the road in front of our car. We toured the TC Stelle home and studio and I ask the men working on the parking lot near the studio if they knew where the Axsom branch was-they said oh yes just follow this road a couple more miles into the woods.
I did grave stone etching there at the Deckard Cemetery and am looking at the etching of my great grandfather Wm David Axsom born 1852 and died 1936-the year before I was born!
There was a picture of TC Steele's studio in Indy paper yesterday and I'm sending you a copy. Love, Dad.
p.s. sending a copy of this email to Larry Axsom, Rita and I enjoy the Axsom newsletter so much and will order a CD soon! TC Steele enoyed the woods and hills of Brown Co near Axsom branch so much he built a wonderful home and studio and many of his works are on display there. I'm sure youknow it is just a couple of miles from the Axsom Branch and the Deckard Cemetery.
Bill (William A Axsom)

No comments: