Sunday, December 9, 2012

Well I will write a few lines to let you know I am a right they said yesterday they would not let me have a furlough until Sept so I do not care whether I stay any longer or not they probly will have us moved out by then any way

a letter from John
letter postmarked Fort Leavenworth Kans. June 20 1942 5PM
addressed to his sister Miss Minerva Maxwell, Brimson, MO.
I love these envelopes.....there are no zipcodes!
Dear Sis
Well I will write a few lines to let you know I am a right they said yesterday they would not let me have a furlough until Sept so I do not care whether I stay any longer or not they probly will have us moved out by then any way I was up to see grace and Vermal thursday morning a while and they had me to work until late and I just put on my clothes and took off after I got done work I may take off again the next day I am off
Ida the have pass the new pay field so can get (?) month from the Star (?)
well I will close for this time is it is bed time I didn not get off work very early to nite.
with love
John

No comments: