Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I have a small kitten here on the bed with me he sure like to play so cant write for him....

postmarked Oct 22 1943 Charleston SC
from CPL John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell Spickard Mo c/o Glen Hamilton
Oct 20 43
Dear Sis
How are you getting along with your kids do they give you much trouble yet or have they found out who is boss.
I got letter from Elsie Shirley to day she said Terence was comming back home I would like to see him stay away for think he would be better off
have not heard from Clifford R for long time he must be busy with his wife. I have small kitten here on the bed with me he sure like to play so cant write for him I have got to write Emma today have not wrote her for a while so will close and write her a few lines I sent the iron today so write when you can
Love John
debs note: 1st letter I've read that has a passed by US Army Examiner stamp on it.....>

No comments: