Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I just finished writting your folks a letter & telling them about us getting married.

postmarked AIRMAIL FIELD ALBUQUERQUE AUG 1 1945
letter from Sgt. Lawrence Brown to Miss Minerva Maxwell Brimson Missouri
Wed. evening Aug 1, 1945
Dearest Minerva
>I just finished writting your folks a letter & telling them about us getting married. I diden't know just finally what to say or how to word the letter but I tried to do my best. So you can start making plans when you receive this letter.
It won't take us long to get married when you get out here if fact it will be the next day after you got here or maybe sooner. You better bring some extra cash with you but not to much. I might not have enough but I think I will. You be sure & tell Fern & make your plans tegether. But be sure & let me know when you are coming & if you are coming on the Rock Island or Santa Fe.
This is Air Force day & they are having open house for all the civilans & let them look the planes over & watch the air show & parade. I sure which you & Fern could have been here today but I think you should be there for the picnic or the people in your school district might not like it.
This is a short letter but I have got to make a trip to town so I better get started.
I love you
All My Love Dale

No comments: