Saturday, January 5, 2013

Well this is pay day again so I guess I will not go any place to nite as never have went out pay day nite.

postmarked Sept 30 1942 Fort Leavenworth Kans.
from Cpl John Maxwell to Thomas Maxwell, Brimson, MO
Sept 30, 42
Dear Folks
Well this is pay day again so I guess I will not go any place to nite as never have went out pay day nite. I went down to K.C. last Sunday nite to see Sally Rand do her A on (?guessing) dance. There is going to be a big circus nexr week I thing I will go and see it as it is Ringling Bro it sure will be good. Dale came in yesterday at noon I seen him as he came threw the door for dinner.
We have change in to OD clothes now I would rather wear them any way as they are easy to keep pressed and clean. I wrote to Jim last week as he can get a job out here as post engineer it he wants it but don't suppose he will come Well I had better close as it is about time for them to start paying.
John

No comments: