Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tazewell County Courthouse, Tazewell, VA, Tazewell County Historical Society, artist-Sallie Moss

this is a notecard to Aunt Minerva from Pat Surface, 401 Surface Drive, Tazewell, VA 24651 4 =Oct 1991
Dear Minerva,
I think this is a beautiful book-it is so well done and so interesting. I know there are many families with Tazewell County roots. I enjoyed reading your own family history very much.
I found one thing which should be of interest to you in 45th Virginia Infantry by J.L. Scott. On page 104 "Maxwell, James C: Co. A Enl 5/29/61 at Wytheville. Sick 9/61. Elected Lt. by 7/62. Captured at Winchester 9/19/64. POW Ft. Delaware. Released 6/17/65. 5'10" tall, grey eyes, dark hair, res. Tazewell Co.
I didn't get to tell your sister-in-law goodbye. Please tell her I hope to see her again one of these days-I do hope you will enjoy your visit to Grafton area as much as I did in August. I am enclosing a complementary copy of our Historical Society Newsletter (which my daughter types.)
Sincerely, Pat Surface

No comments: