Wednesday, April 9, 2014

letters from aunt mary

dated April. 1 2014
she is one of my few remaining relatives that write real letters or call on the phone....most of us now facebook and text....
THS Alumni newsletter asked for memories. I wrote that your dad went to school on crutches following a pole vaulting injury and that I didn't know how he managed all the stairs. I wrote that our mom was not pleased when he used a new word "anus" he learned in ag class when our little brother Roger pestered him. I wrote that he'd farmed for 50 years, so I think ag must have been a favorite class.
Today I rec'd a soft cover copy of the book of stories from last falls writing classes. I had "My Dad, My Hero." I turned in two in the recent classes, "The Ugly Coat" and "Treasured Memories of My Mother."
Freeda, I expect to gripe about your use of damn twice, but I don't. I can't think of a more appropriate word to emphasize what you were saying ("I was Born A Dairy Farmers Daughter.")
I published "So Many Adjustments" following Al's death in a 2013 book.
3-13-14 Fred helped to wash dishes after our mediocre lunch at senior center. we aren't to use nails or use tape at Vaile on walls/woodwork.

No comments: