Wednesday, April 9, 2014

this autograph book was in the box of Axsom things from California.....

not sure just why it is included..... it belonged to Paul L Bain, freshman at Mercer Public School, May 1944-45
our class activities: Literary Club, class and school plays: Starlight, Starbright
class officers: President Marilyn Cox; Vice President Gene Shaffer; Secretary Bobby J. Moore; Treasurer Wendell Stark
autographs I could read: Mrs. Pauline Thompson, Mrs. Joan Whitehill, Bob, Duane Flood, Denzil McIntosh, Jean Puffer, Lawrence Dykes, Doris L. Davis, Marietta Snodgrass, Corinne Hashman, Ocie O. Stark, Donald Lee Ragan, Aaron Dee McIntosh, Susan Warden, Willis Cox, Paul Clark, ? Wendell Stark, Edna Mae Cox, Gene Shaffer, Betty Jane, Marilyn Cox, Bryan Emm Wilbur Mulvania, Garry Loomis, Pauline Baud
When you get married and your wife gets cross, pick up a broom and show her who's "Boss"!
When you get married and have a dozen kids, don't come to my house for bobby pins.
When you get married and live with the pigs, don't treat your wife like Maggie did Jigs.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Roosevelt's dead, I'm glad ain't you.
Roses are red, violets are blue, polecats stink, and so do you.
Mary had a little lamb, she gave it caster oil, every time it took a step, it fertilized the soil.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Roosevelt's dead, and so are you.
If I were a hammer, and you were a tack, I would hammer you with gentle little whacks.
Pins and needles, needles and pins, when you get married, I wish you twins.
Down by the river, carved on a rock, three little words, forget me not.
Yours till the Mississippi wears bobby pins to keep it's wave.
When you get married and buy your new Ford, save me a seat on the running board.
Remember me early, remember me late, remember me at the Golden Gate.
Yours till butter flies.
Down in the valley, carved in a tree, are two little words, remember me.
When the golden sun is setting, and the path no more you trod, may your name be plainly written in the autograph of God.
Always remember and keep in mind, a true friend is hard to find, so when you find one that is true, change not the old one for the new.
Ducks on the pond, geese on the ocean, Paul can't marry until Betty takes a notion.
When you get married and your kids won't be still, think of the times on the Mercer hill.
Roses are red, violets are blue, this is enough, to write for you.
Lives of great men all remind us we can make our lives sublime, and departing leave behind us footprints on the sands of time.
I like you little, I like you big, I like you like a little pig.

No comments: