Thursday, May 15, 2014

had a facebook comment on a post.....

and met a family member....he gave me his #, I called, we had a conversation. He is Clifford "Jr." King, his mother was a sister to my Great Grandma Daisy. He said "Uncle Johnnie" had told him that he had the first new car in town. He talked about family members and memories and past reunions. He is 72. saved his # on my cell phone.
facebook messages:
Is this how you do private message? Hey Deb are you related to the Axsom family? My name is Junior or Clifford King. My grandma was Susie Boyd. I'd like to talk to you?
I forgot to tell you this. Grandma Susie Boyd was born in 1864. The civil War was from 1861 to 1865. She was born during the Civil War and I knew her well. That always amazes me.
Aunt Madge, moms sister who died at 24 I guess. Mother and her were very close as Madge was just a little younger then mom. She was hit in the head with a kitten ball. She lived a short time. Softball was called kitten ball back then. Mom had the sister die at 24. Mom was about 25 I think. Then mom had a son die when he was 15. Bullet glanced off the water as kids were shooting mud hens. Can't imagine the sorrow she felt having both those things happen to her.

No comments: