Tuesday, August 12, 2014

my sister's facebook post today:

I've lost several friends and acquaintances to suicide. I've talked to people who had failed suicide attempts. I myself once almost ended my life - thankfully I talked myself out of it. I've been shocked by people who seem to have it all together that fight depression and self esteem issues. You just never know what inner demons a person is struggling with. Don't assume the public face a person wears is their true self. Be kind. Give out smiles. Pray for people. Try to be that one bright spot in someone's day that gives them the motivation to try to get through just one more day. And don't joke about people's appearances, actions, etc or about mental illness unless you know your audience well enough to know it won't push them farther into a pit of despair.

No comments: