Tuesday, October 28, 2014

partial letter from aunt mary:

(no date). was cleaning out totes of papers in basement and found a bunch of letters....
Mom had reprints made for us from a 1941 snapshot of dad (deb's Grandpa Alfred Axsom) standing between 2 gigantic draft (work) horses. I have another cherished reprint of mom, dad, and me at probably 2-3 years old. Dad is holding me and I have one arm outstretched, clutching the bodice of mom's dress. Dad is wearing striped bibbed overalls and his forehead appears white (typical of farmers who wear caps.) Both pictures have a border around them like all snapshots did in the 40's. (deb has copies of these somewhere.) We can submit one picture with our story at the Mid-Continent Genealogy Library in Independence. A friend attended several classes with me and told me last week that our names are listed as authors or writers when she pulled up info on her computer. Early classes were "1001 Stories (I believe) and "Building Life Stories." I have stories in 2 or maybe 3 books on the shelf at the library.

No comments: