Wednesday, November 5, 2014

an ode to her cattleman grandpas.

my daughter Katie was going to do a speech about artificial insemination last fall for FFA competition. she interviewed both of her grandpas.....one was a long time dairy farmer who ended up a stock farmer, and the other a long time stock farmer. One of her grandpas passed on not long after their interview. she didn't feel like she could do the speech. this year she finished the speech to perform in a competition for a scholarship or magazine interview or something. she polished it, practiced it, almost lost her voice the night before the competition. she gave it her all. She just texted me that she lost. I am proud of her. I know her grandpas are proud of her. she has a full schedule....school, massive amounts of homework, a social life, a boyfriend, dance practice, club meetings and events and fundraisers. she pushes herself really hard. Public speaking is something that is beyond me. I have no desire to do it. I am proud of her for working so hard and putting herself out there like that. She is smart and brave and talented. And I don't think she 'lost.' they just didn't select her speech. Will try to get it on here. she did a remarkable job.

No comments: