Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Lisa's facebook post on the joys of boys...

I was looking thru some stuff and found this note from January 2001 on the joy of having 2 boys. I'm so thankful for my guys!
* Logan smiling whenever he sees his big brother
* Logan watching his brother like a hawk, taking in everything he does
* Max giving Logan hugs & kisses each morning
* Max running to the bouncy seat to bounce & comfort Logan whenever he cries
* Max banging toy on the side of the crib so it'll play music for Logan
* Max giving HIS favorite "Logan" toy to Logan to play with
* Max saying "MINE" whenever anyone pays a lot of attention to Logan, signifying that that Logan is first & foremost HIS brother
* Max's joy & pride in helping change Logan's diaper (getting a diaper for me, bringing me the wipes, etc.)
* Max insisting on having the bar stool put by the kitchen sink so he can supervise Logan's baths
* Max asking to hold Logan on his lap
* Max casually rubbing & patting Logan's head as he moves past him
* Comparing the 2 boys - I can't believe how much of Max's baby days I forgot. Seeing Logan do new things reminds me of Max's first solids, his first attempts to roll over, his first teeth, his first shots, etc.
* The sheer joy of holding both boys on my lap - knowing that no matter what else might happen that both boys adore me & are truly little angels that I have been blessed with
* Knowing that each of my boys has a brother - a constant playmate, a "safe" person to learn social skills with (how to fight & make up, how to be flexible when dealing with others, etc.)

No comments: