Friday, April 24, 2015

letters from aunt mary

4-18-2015 I don't anticipate ever getting my stories made into a book, as they are 8"x11" and the majority of them are not typed. A breakfast was served this morning by the Independence mayor and others for city's volunteers. They showed pictures on a big screen and there were two of me from the Vaile. They gave each of us an umbrella, of course with Indep. on it. I have been wondering if your mom ever hears how the restoration of a historic home near Crowder Park is going. I think it's called Thompson House. I think it's one that Mom told me that she, dad, & Roger had happened onto it was between Brimson and Edinburg as I recall her telling me. In the 2011 Alumni News is a picture of your Aunt Kay and a Charlene Brown. I hadn't known there were 2.
4-9-15 Aunt Dona wrote that Karen Kay (Uncle Jr.s daug.) said that her brother Steven is getting out of prison (17 yrs. for rape of an underage girl.) It sems like Sherrie Ashley had said this girl was a step-daughter. She sent memorial on Dona Lynn's husband. He was an award winning pro musician in Iowa and Texas, could play any stringed instrument.

No comments: