aunt minerva collection. am assuming these go with Cora Whitley Bertram's DAR papers.
1. "Annals of Tazewell Co., Va.-1800-1927" -2 Vols. in I by John Harmon2. "Annals of Southwest Va" by Lewis P. Summers
3. "Archives of Pioneers of Tazewell Co, Va." by Netti S-Yantis
4. "Tax List Montgomery Co., Va. 1788" by Yantis p. 8
5. "Tax Lists & Abstracts of Deeds of Wythe Co., VA-1800" by Yantis p. 3
6. "1820 Census Tazewell Co, Va." by Yantis
7. Tazewell Co., Va. court records-Willbook I p. 137
8. Tazewell Co.. Va. court records Willbook 3 pg. 37&38
9. Tazewell Co. Va. court records-Deed Book 3 pag. 257&258 and Deedbook #5 pg. 474&475
10. Marriage Records of Washington Co., Va.-Book #2 pg. 493
11. "Draper Collections & Preston Va. Papers-Calander Series" Vol. I pg. 142 pub. by Hist. Soc.-Wisconsin
12. "Draper Collections & Preston Va. Papers-Calander Series" Vol. I pg. 128 pub. by Hist. Soc.-Wisconsin
13. National Archives Revolutionary War Rec.
NOTE: James Maxwell located on the property in what is now known as Tazewell County Virginia in 1772-from Botetourt Co. At that time, it is stated in court records "he removed his family to this location in 1772"-this indicates that he had a wife and some children. In the year 1772 this property was in the bounds of Fincastle Co., In 1776 the boundary line was moved and it was thrown into Washington Co-in 1789 it was changed into Wythe Co. When Tazewell County was created in Dec. 1799 that land, again was thrown into a new county and is still (in 1989) in Tazewell.
NOTE: James & Jane ____________ Maxwell are buried on property that they had owned (and probably Mattie & Jinnie/Jeanie) which is known as the Crockett Place- just outside of the wrought-iron fence that encloses the Crocketts graves-the headstones have been destroyed.
knowing the burial location is cool. knowing that time (I'm assuming, we're talking 200+ years) have destroyed these stones, is not. maybe someone has erected a memorial stone or marker of some type for the Maxwell family? this would be a good project for a family genealogist to undertake.