Sunday, December 20, 2015

In The Name of God Amen

aunt minerva collection "James Maxwell will compliments of Cora Whitley Maxwell Bertram."
I James Maxwell of Tazewell County being weak in Body but of sound mind and memory Calling into mind the mortality of the Body and Knowing that it is appointed for all men Net (?) to die, Therefore do make and ordain this my Last Will and Testament as followeth (to wit)
First I appoint my two sons William and Robert to be my Executors to settle all my affairs and after paying all my Debts to make the following Distributions.
Itm. first I will and Bequeath unto Jane my well beloved wife all my personal Estate to her use while she Lives and at her Death it all that Remains to my Daughter Mary as to her use as long as she Lives adn at her Decease it and all that remains to her son Maxwell Commell.
Likewise unto my daughter Mary I will and Bequest 150 acres of Land in the Vack Valley being part of a Survey of 665 acres at the uper End Joining lines with James Karrean (?) and at her Decease to fall to Her son Maxwell Campell.
Itm. unto my four daughters Elizabeth Margret Jane and Nancy I Bequest an Equal share of on tracat of land in the Rich Mountain contains 250 acres and likewise in Equal share of 515 acres of Land in the Back Valley Be the Residence of a tract of 665 acres in which Mary has her share.
Itm. unto my two sons John and William I Bequest on Dollar Each they having Recieved there Share Before.
Itm. Unto my son Robert I will and Bequeath the Land I now live on and a small tract lying Between the tract I Live on and James Peerys with all the appartences (?). my negro man Dan I Will to my wife during her life and (copy runs off page her and comes back with )....I will him to my son Robert.
I now make the above my Last will and Testament and Remove and do away with all other and mke ordain and Establish this my Last will and testament.
Signed Sealed Ackeowledged in the presents of this 28th day of August 1820
(signed) John Laird
(signed) Thomas Witten
(signed) James S. Witten
(signed) James Maxwell Seal
James Maxwell Will 39.1821.March O.B. Recorded Will Book No., 1 page 137
In Tazewell County 27th March 1821(?last number could be a 7 maybe?) This this last will and testament of James Maxwell dec. was exhibited in Court and duly proved by the oaths of John Laird, Thomas Witten, and James S. Witten, the Subscribing witnesses (?) and ordained to be recorded. (initials.) On the motion of William & Robert Maxwell the Executors named in the within will who entered into bond with Thomas Witten & James Peery their securities in the penality of $500 conditions as the law directs. Probate of this said will is granted. there is no due from. Teste, J(?) T. Fisbank(?) DC
Stamped A Copy Teste RHEA F MOORE JR CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT OF TAZEWELL COUNTY by TAmmy B. Brewster (signed) DEPUTY CLERK

No comments: