Sunday, February 25, 2018

#polaroidpicture #greatauntminerva #brimson

this one isn't labeled. but I know this is Great Aunt Minerva. and I know where it is. the basement of the house Aunt Minerva and Uncle Dale built on the Maxwell family farm near Brimson. I'm guessing at one of her first weekend in June family reunions. I would guess the lady in the corner in the dress is Aunt Kay or my mom. they were school teachers in the city, and farmers on the weekend. they built the house in their spare time, living in the basement when it was done, then finishing the house. there was a full kitchen and huge bathroom downstairs, a living room and maybe a bedroom....I think it was all just one big space, though. it opened out onto the back patio. the upstairs had a dining room, kitchen, bathroom, enclosed bedrooms, dining room...with a fabulous view out the back over the farm.

No comments: