Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Aunt Mary letter dated 5-18-20

Last Saturday, Uncle Jr. and Aunt Kate's oldest daughter Karen called. She said that her brother Stephen's grandson (18) was shot in the back of the head (by a black guy) while in a car. He was taken to hospital, taken off life support, and cremated just this past week. Plans are to reopen the senior center (no meals) July 1 and the tourism sites. My friend Joann and I don't feel comfortable with being back as sanitation would be risky (she and I don't wish to sanitize bathrooms after each use). church may reopen June 7. Fred says that he plans to go. Joann and I don't. My dr. license expires May 29, so that's a concern. rec'd a form from THS reunion...my family, hobbies, and what I'm doing now. All of my hobbies and fun activities are on HOLD. Yesterday afternoon I dug up some Jack in the Pulpit for Joanna. I have several on the north side of the house from only a start or 2 that I dug up years ago from a wooded area. Fred hadn't seen any, so I stopped by his house to show him. Joann & I visited briefly at 6' apart in her driveway. we do visit by phone frequently. Virginia & husband Curtis can't see each other since he's been in the nursing home. their grandson Brandon lives on their farm and works as an accountant in Bethany.

No comments: