Friday, April 3, 2009

Robert Norman

Leta Schaeffer is mentioned in your 1939 Updates blog. It has to be my mother and father. What I am trying to piece together is the timeline for Patty to be born in 1941 and me in late 1943 if Oscar is in a high school photo in the late 30's. According to a Judge Rose in Bethany at that time, Oscar had two older daughters. Does anyone know where George, my brother is? The rumor was that he and Oscar were in a prison years ago in Blytheville or DeWitt Arkansas. I cannot find any records. Leta disappeared from the area sometime in the mid-40"s.

The name, "Schaeffer" came from official adoption records and was legally advertised in the Chillicothe Constitution Tribune in 1948. I would expect that the attorneys would have the spelling correct. The interesting thing about this to me is that there was a photo with Oscar's name correctly spelled and I assume he could have placed his name on the photo or influenced the writer.

I have two daughters very interested in my family history and Patty, my natural sister has a son and daughter also very interested.

You may have someone on Ross's side of the family that knows this but it is a skeleton in the closet and not the kind of thing to be remembered. I would love to have a picture of my dad or George or anyone that came from the tree.
-----Original Message-----

No comments: