Saturday, February 27, 2010

George Washington Doze


from Vicki Bever Doze

I have more pictures to send but this was kind of large because it
came directly out of my Doze Photo Album.
It is the only picture I have of George Washington Doze. He was a son of Victor Doze and Mary Bailey Doze. Victor was the son of John Claude and Mary Barbe Doze who came over from France. Mary was the daughter of Job Bailey and Bethana Rounds Bailey--I hope I got Jobs wife right! I haven't entered that info into my genealogy program yet!
George Washington Doze was born 23 Nov 1851 Garden Grove, Decatur Co., IA. Died 2 Aug 1944 in Wichita, Sedgwick Co., KS and is buried in Upchurch Cemetery, Norwich, Kingman Co., KS (I probably have a picture of his tombstone--I'll have to see if I can find it.)
He was 92 year 8 mos and 9 days old when he passed.
He was married to Frances "Fannie" Catharine Hahn in Osceola, MO on either 28 or 8 June 1874. I have both dates written down, so need to check a marriage record for correct date, unless you have a correct date that you could send to me.

Their children were: Webster Wallace Doze, Edgar O. Doze, John Burtis Doze and Gertrude Lena Doze

If anyone has any info to add about George Washington Doze and wife or any pictures, I hope you will share with me. Thanks.

Sources are from Vicki Doze research; Mildred Laird-mother of Rosemary Doze Thomas; A Biographical History of Central Kansas v. 1 (1902); Obituaries, Newspaper clippings, Marriage records; Harry Doze son of Edgar O.; Shirley Jean Hoops Vague and Lovita Capps--step-daughter of Webster Doze.


Vicki Bever Doze
vickibev@yahoo.com

"Dance as if no one were watching.
Sing as if no one were listening.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
And live every day as if it were your last."
Irish Proverb




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: