Monday, December 24, 2012

All the beer you can drink and all you want to eat free but don't think will go and don't like beer but there is going to be 75 girls from K.C. up.

postmarked Mar 9 1942 Fort Leavenworth Kans.
from PFC John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell 1004 Rural St Trenton MO
Dear Sis
Well this is Sunday and is going to be a nice day the sun is shinning and I am not doing anything but setting around. We are going to have dance next Friday nite in the Mess Hall.
All the beer you can drink and all you want to eat free but don't think will go and don't like beer but there is going to be 75 girls from K.C. up. I got letter from leland last week and he wants to buy my car as he has a chance to sell his pickup and he wants something to drive once a while and if you want to sell it write to hiim and let him know as it is up to you. I seen Harry brother in law the other day He said any time I wanted to go up let him know So I may be up Sunday now. I got letter from Joanna Maples this week and she wanted a picture at she and I that was taken last sumer when Uncle Hugh was up . Where is the best place to send film to have finished when taken as I want to send some just as soon as get them taken.
Well some osf the boy have got in from K.C. but was a good boy and stayed in all nite and probly will again to nite but am going down to Leavenworth this after noon and buy a clock so can get up in the morning. I may (scratched out) get to go on another train soon as they out Pretty fast anymore Well I had better close and go and eat a little as it is about noon and have not eat yet.
Your Brother
John Maxwell
Leavenworth Kans.

No comments: