Monday, December 24, 2012

The little short boy that is helping me and I went to the show the other nite when I stand up and hold out my arm he can just stand under my shoulder so you can tell by that how short he is.

postmarked Mar 25 1942 Fort Leavenworth Kans.
from PFC John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell 1004 Rural St Trenton Mo.
Dear Sis
Well it is a windy day out here and looks like it would rain I went out on rifle range to day I do not know how good did as they put me to guarding the road to keep anybody from going close to the range. I may be home Saterday and Sunday if do not go out on a troop train will try to get in some time Friday nite If don't miss the train in K.C. If do will ber in on the first train Saterday morning I got a letter from Dick Shirleys this week and one from the folks last evening and that is all I have heard from I wonder if Faye Shirley do not think she will half to hunt her another man now as she will not see Harold for a long time and he probly will do like the rest of Soldiers boy get him a South American girl. The little short boy that is helping me and I went to the show the other nite when I stand up and hold out my arm he can just stand under my shoulder so you can tell by that how short he is.
I have not heard from Jim but once since have been out here so dont suppose he wants to write Harold and Mary has not wrote since been here I wrote to them twice but am not going to write anymore.
well I guess I will go to chow to (scratched out) as it is time so guess I can finish this asfter awhile but have about run out of any thing to say now. They are going to have hambergers for supper. Well I feel better now I ate three big hambergers and pice of apple pie so think that will be enough until morning I have not taken any pictures since I brought the camera out here.
They will not let any body take pictures of the camp now so I would have to go out home place and do not go very much now as I am getting to lazy I may go down to K.C. tomorrow nite and see what time the trains come up that away so I will knkow just what time to get off Fri. nite.
Your Brother
John Maxwell

No comments: