Sunday, December 16, 2012

I am sending you a fountain pen but I have wrote this letter with it so it is second hand now but it writes swell I hope you like it....

from Cpl. John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell, Brimson, MO.
postmarked Oct 12 1942 Fort Leavenworth Kans.
on Army and Navy Young Men's Christian Association stationary
Oct 12, 42
Deare Sis
Well I suppose you think I am died as have not wrote but I left last tue. and just got back went to Salt Lake City Utah It sure was a swell trip We went thru the Royal Gorge and Pike Peak and the Tennessee Pass I went threw the camp where Norman Gibbon was and stayed about half hour but did not get out and look around. We sayed about 7 hours in Pueblo Colo. got breakfast and dinner there and looked the town over I sent you at folder at the sights from the top at the mountains that was 10,000 ft high but dont' know whether you have it yet or not. Have you heard where Dale is at I have not seen him since last Monday nite I was going to K.C. then and did not talk very long.
Well I have met my dream girl she is about the prettyiest girl I ever saw and about the nicest girl there is in K.C.
I wish you could see her I think you would think the same thing I will bring a picture of her when I come up and show it to you. I am sending you a fountain pen but I have wrote this letter with it so it is second hand now but it writes swell I hope yo ulike it it I is a little late for your birthday but I was not here then well I had better close and get a hair cut as I am going to K.C. to morrow nite I was down and seen Smiley Brunette last nite on the stage he sure was good. Well write and tell me how the pen works.
Your Brother
John

No comments: