Saturday, December 29, 2012

Say I got a big letter from Carrie Hill last week she want me to write Just as soon as I had time think she is getting pretty nice all at once but will write some of these days dont know just when

letter from Tech Grade John Maxwell to Thomas W Maxwell Brimson MO
postmarked Fort Leavenworth Kans. 9Am May 13 1942
Dear Folk
We I will write a letter is I have just in from work and pretty tired.
We had to work a little late to nite but will not do anything to morrow but rest. I am going to try to get three day pass and come home this weekend but don't know whether I can or not.
I went down to K.C. again last Saterday nite and stay until Sunday after noon then came back. I have got so I can go any place want to down there with out getting lost now. Was out South east part of the city last Monday afternoon and nite fishing sure had swell time it was on blue (?guessing?) River.
I have seen Jerry Terry and Dan Manvil this week. Jerry said he had been sick every since he had been out here but he will get over it soon I think. What have they done with Cecil Powers have they got him ready to go yet. I got a letter from Minerva the other day said Ruth was not going to come out as she has Job down there.
Say I got a big letter from Carrie Hill last week she want me to write Just as soon as I had time think she is getting pretty nice all at once but will write some of these days dont know just when
Well I had better close at this time
John Maxwell

No comments: