Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lester Roberson is out here now he said he got married Just before he came out so no body else would get his girl while he was away.

letter from Cpl John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell postmarked Fort Leavenworth Kans. 9AM Aug 28 1942
back of picture is handwritten 'They did not to it hat whey when I was there?'
Dear Sis
Well how is the weather up there It sure has been hot out here today but the first day for a while. I got a letter from Grace To day said they were all right Vermal was going with the blaer again now. I may get a pass and come some time next week if they do not send me out I have not heard who was going but they would not say until after the first of Sept but I have a feeling It would not be me don't think they would send me any place for a while yet as I ask them to send me first and they said not for a while yet.
I saw Jacob Little today he said that Neile Little would have to come the first of Dec. as they would not let him off any longer.
Lester Roberson is out here now he said he got married Just before he came out so no body else would get his girl while he was away.
Glen Perry and Tom Greenal are supposed to be in again today.
Have you Decided to teach school yet or have got you where you can not teach but I would not worry much about it If they have for there is plenty of work that will pay more money now but may not have any bitches in it.
Well I had better close for this time.
Your Brother John

No comments: