Saturday, December 29, 2012

that is the only time I have been out of camp since came back but will save money that way.

letter from John Maxwell to his sister Minerva...no date...no envelope...
Dear Sis
Well I will write a little again to let you know I am all right just getting over my cold now I have b een so could not breath very good but my head has broke and run and feel pretty good now got letter from Ruth today said she would be up some time next month I will try to get a pass when she does and stay up there and look around some.
I think will be home again this week end if nothing don't happen.
We have signed the pay roll yesterday so guess I will get $54.00 this time that will help out a lot. I never have heard from the folks since came back but suppose they are pretty busy now.
I went to show last Saterday nite down to town but I did not like very good so got up and came back to camp that is the only time I have been out of camp since came back but will save money that way.
Well we are going to play ball to nite and guess I had better close and go out and play with the rest.
John Maxwell

No comments: