Sunday, December 16, 2012

My best friend got married yesterday so I will not have any body to run around with for a while....

postmarked July 2 1942 Leavenworth Kans
letter from Cpl. John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell 1004 Rural St. Trenton MO
Dear Sis
did you get the deed back to the car I found it in my pocket when I got out here so I sent it back the next day. They are not going to let me have a furlong this month so it get so can't trust any body word any more I may get one next month and probly will have more money there as I am not going to spend any this month.
My best friend got married yesterday so I will not have any body to run around with for a while as he was the best pal I ever had do anything to help me out and I would do the same for him I got a letter from the folk yesterday said everybody was a right up there this is going to be one month July that I will save some money and I will stay in camp and work.
I may try and come up next week sometime if can get pass but can't tell waht they will do any more as they do not keep there word very good around here any more.
Well I had better close for this time.
Love
John

No comments: