Sunday, December 23, 2012

I got a letter from the folks this week said everything is all right up there...

postmarked FEB 23 1942 Fort Leavenworth Kans.
letter from PFC John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell 1004 Rural St Trenton MO
Dear Sis
Well this is Sunday and I am just laying around don't go to work today, but will again tomorrow. I went down town last nite and seen the show I The Army Now it was pretty good show. I have not heard from Leland since the first of Feb but don't know whether he wants to write or not but don't care if he won't write I write to him.
I got a letter from the folks this week said everything is all right up there.
Iam invited to visit Centeral Park hotel next Saterday as got aquainted with to girls that live there so probly go down in the after noon they are going to meet me at the bus depot, and show the way.
Seen Charley French this morning at the kitchen working. He said Kennith Harris was comming out very soon. he has not lost his eye but was in the hostpital with it three month was able say what it Dale working at at KC or has he a job yet.
Our Corporal that got burnt is in the hospital now and information has (scratched out) in he is in bad shape one arm was burnt so bad that the skin all come off.
He got it (scratched out) going to Texas on Troop Train and could not get to Dr until next day Well I have about run down so better quite.
John Maxwell

No comments: