Sunday, December 23, 2012

I got weight at noon and here gain 9 lb since I came out here but probly because of the stuff I have eat is what caused it don't know what else.

postmarked FEB 15 1942 11A.M. Fort Leavenworth Kans.
letter from John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell 1004 Rural St Trenton MO
Feb 14 1942
Dear Sis
Well I got back all right the sun was shining when I got back I have worked every day since but off now and won't work until Monday. They have given us full pack now. So some of these days we will start out a foot, don't guess I will get anybody to help me. It had rain again this morning but had quite now but it look like it will start again any time.
I got a letter from Ruth and one from Joanna Maples this week Uncle Hobart wrote one this week and wanted to know what I was doing and how I liked it. Think I will go down to Leavenworth tonite and see what there is down there after nite. Our Corporal that went out on troop train came back scalded pretty bad his face is all blistered and one hand is scalded.
I got four Valintine cards this week one from Emma Brown and Letter from here to. I think she like me pretty good anymore but you can't never tell, can they. I got weight at noon and here gain 9 lb since came out here but probly because of the stuff I have eat is what caused it don't know what else.
Well I had better close for this time.
John Maxwell
what do you think of this fancy writing

No comments: