Saturday, December 15, 2012

Well week from Saterday is pay day again and every body will celebrate I suppose.

postmarked Fort Leavenworth Kans. 9AM Feb 20 1942
letter from John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell of 1004 Rural St., Trenton, Mo.
Feb. 19 1942
Dear Sis
>Well, I will write and Let you know how I am I Still able to do dishes and tool around. Seem like every week gets shorter, getting so I do not think about how many day there is in a week as I work most of them anyway. They have another man to help me now. We torment him about walking on his knees he is about four feet tall and about that big around but he is a good worker.
Well week from Saterday is pay day again and every body will celebrate I suppose. I think the will have a big party in the kitchen one of the nites as the conorel was up and ask how long it would take to move the tables out at one side don't know just when it will take play just yet.
Well think I will go down to KC week from Saat, and go to show down there. I have not been to but one show since come back but probly will go to Sat. nite after I get off work that will be about 7:30 I never have seen Charley French since he came out last Tue. don't know whether he is still here as they come in and out pretty fast you don't get to see anybody very long what have the done with Vermals clasifaction or has he herd yet well I had better close for this time but will write again next year or in 1950 when I get back
Your Bro
John Maxwell

No comments: