Thursday, December 20, 2012

Say I have met another girl in K.C. that had got me fooled I do not know just what to think about the deal....

postmarked Fort Leavenworth Kans. Nov 19 1942
letter from Corp. John Maxwell to Miss Minerva Maxwell, Brimson MO
Oct. 19, 42
Dear Sis
WEll I will write a few lines to let you know I am a right and things are going all right so far I look to go out about any time now but can't tell just what will happen I had planed on comming home this week end but don't guess I will get to now.
So can't tell just when I will get to come home but I all will think as you untill get back Say I have met another girl in K.C. that had got me fooled I do not know just what to think about the deal she has a swell home in K.C. Kans. and work for Uncle Sam getting $1.95 (not sure....maybe that is a 6? or it is $.95? will include a picture....)a hour SHe seems to be a very nice girl but I can not see any futcher in any body now I told her that you were comming down and se want to meet you She just called and said that she was comming up to nite.
I suppose Dale will be going across soon think we will be there to as there is one boy going this from this barracks and think we will be right behind him I wish you could come out this week end so I could have some body to talk to as I have the blues and getting discussed with this place and the way thing go here they have us to work every day now while they learn these new boy how to do the work so they can take our place well I had better close but will try and write again soon.
lots of love
John

No comments: