Thursday, December 20, 2012

Well three more days until pay day I have 5 cents left but when pay day come I will have plenty to last for a while....

postmarked Fort Leavenworth Kans. Jan 29 1942
letter from John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell, 1004 Rural st. Trenton Mo.
Jan 28 1942
Dear Sis
I wrote once this week but I will write again but this is the last piece of paper I have left they have moved me again up in the barracks with the other cooks They let me off this after noon first time since Saterday as the other boy that was helping has blowed up there will be two of us running the dish washer in the morning as the General form the distric is comming for inspection them and in is a tough one they say. Well three more days until pay day I have 5 cents left but when pay day come I will have plenty to last for a while and draw $36.00 and when the other boys pay nme I will have $31.00 So think that will last quite a while.
They have got so they work me some the funniest way you ever thought of Sunday Monday tuesday Wed. until noon and off half day and back to work again but can't tell how long I will work Thur. I am going to and get three day pass some time next mont but can't tell may not get it as they don't like to let any body go very farm from camp now but may get off Saterday and Sunday.
I have not been to a show since last Saterday after noon and probly will not until Saterday nite and it take longer to feed now as the is more to feed well I had better go to bed now as 5 oclock will be here before long
Your Soldier brother
John Maxwell

No comments: