Sunday, January 6, 2013

I wish they would send me across.

postmarked Fort Leavenworth Kans. May 3 1943
letter from CPL John Maxwell to Thomas Maxwell Brimson MO
Dear Folks
I will write a few lines to let you know that I am still alive as yet I heard about Leland's baby why they both could not live I don't know but I hope the one lives so he can have something to keep him happy.
It looks like if he stays where he is at that won't have to come to the army. I hope that he never have to go for you can't be any one place very long now I wish they would send me across it does not look like I ever will do any good here as they can't seem to know what they are going to do from one day until the next I get more (dissatisfied? disspirited? )
every day that I stay here. I am going down to Swope Park Sunday after noon and look around that is all I do on my days off is just walk around the boys around here ask sometimes why I always go by my self but I don't want any body to bother me
I am sure glad that Earl Shirley has got back safe and will be home by the way it looks I wont get to go where he was at for think it will be over there by the first of June well I had better close and go to bed as have to get up at three
Love John

No comments: