Sunday, January 6, 2013

You should see me with a GI brush and soap scrubing my room yesterday and getting ready for to days inspection.

postmarked APR 5 1943 Fort Leavenworth Kans.
letter from Cpl John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell Brimson RFD MO
April 3, 43
Dear Sis
Well write to you for a change. It has been nice weather out here for a while I suppose spring is here but it could turn pretty cold fast out here as it has done that sometimes.
It looks like they are going to split us up out here as they are sending out four cooks to day and think they will be about that many go out every few day until we are all gone. You should see me with a GI brush and soap scrubing my room yesterday and getting ready for to days inspection I am getting so can cook any thing from greens to the finest at salad I have been a good boy since I came back from Lousiana have not even been Leavenworth. I call Betty the first at the week she has the measles and just getting over them. I look for her to come up the first of next week and stay a few days.
I never have heard from Herby since he went home I sure miss him around here as we would set in my room and talk every nite until late he was as good a buddy as I ever had well I had better close so write when you have time.
Love John

No comments: