Wednesday, January 9, 2013

They should hang him if they dont they wont have to when we all come back.

postmarked Sept 13 1943 Charleston SC
from CPL John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell Brimson MO
Sept 12, 43
Dear Minerva
Well after so long I will write you a few lines How is old Mother Hubbard getting along with her brood all right I hope.
How many are they goingt to school this year.
Did they let you have any more gas to go to school with how are the tires holding out all right I hope.
Is Dale going to get to come home or not he should but that the way army goes if they don't want you to they sure as hell won't do it.
I had though I was going to get to come the 15 of this month but they said I would have to wait they just give us three day at home and how long it takes to go and come it take just little over three day to make it. What have they done to (scratched out) Garland Davidson or do you know. They should hang him if they dont they wont have to when we all come back.
Has Fern got school this year or did she stay in K.C. and work this fall well I had better close for this time but dont fo get to write.
Your Brother
Johnnie
bottom of stationary reads THE YOUNG MEN'S CHRISTIAN ASOCIATIONS-THE NATIONAL CATHOLIC COMMUNITY SERVICE - THE SALVATION ARMY-THE YOUNG WOMEN'S CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATIONS-THE JEWISH WELFARE BOARD-THE NATIONAL TRAVELLERS AID ASSOCIATION

No comments: