Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What do you want for Christmas There is not much use in send any thing much for me got more junk to take care of than I know what to do with any ways...

postmarked Dec 4 1943 Charleston SC
from CPL John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell Spickard Mo c/o Glen Hamilton
passed by US Army Examiner 03554 MLT
Dec 3 43
Dear Minerva
I suppose you had swell time on your few day off. We had one day off. I got the cake and your letter the same day but there is nothing to write about around here so dont do very much writing Have you heard from Dale yet or has he got away from the states. Mclain and I plan on going in town tomorrow nite as have not been in town for month. What do you want for Christmas There is not much use in send any thing much for me got more junk to take care of than I know what to do with any ways Well I will close for this time so write when you can they have put a little more and our address now
John Maxwell
37016789
330 Harbor (can't read)
Section B Staggingarea ./.
CPE Charleston SC

No comments: