Sunday, January 6, 2013

Well just a few lines to let you know I am all right I had to stop and sharpen my pencil and have quite using my pen as the Dam thinng won't work ...

postmarked Oct 27 1942 Fort Leavenworth Kans.
letter from John Maxwell to Minerva MAxwell, Brimson, MO.
Oct. 26 42
on Hotel Yellowstone, Pocatello, Idaho, Paul Eskenasy, Proprietor stationary
Dear Sis
Well just a few lines to let you know I am all right I had to stop and sharpen my pencil and have quite using my pen as the Dam thing won't work I don't know just when I will get home if ever as they are sending us out pretty fast there are six old cook leaving this week but I am not among them. But they may send some more out the first of next month but if they don't think I will come home.
If not but of one day I have heard from Grace said they were all right and got a letter from Emma Brown I got card from Leland and Eva while they were on their vacation but don't think will ever answer it as if they did not have time to come out while not working I have not got time to write
Well they have got me on charge of Quarters today Say did you keep that paper that was in the fountain pen box for it was another warrant as they have Given me another rank well write soon.
John

No comments: