Sunday, January 6, 2013

Well my thumb was pretty long as I caught a ride from where was at to K.C. and got there at four thirty so that was pretty good time.

postmarked SEPT 22 1942 5PM Fort Leavenworth Kans.
letter from CPL John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell, Brimson, MO
Aug 6, '42
Dear Sis,
eEll my thumb was pretty long as I caught a ride from where was at to K.C. and got there at four thriety so that was pretty good time. I have got a place for you to stay when you come out they said you could stay a week if you wanted to that it would make here a lot of company so be ready when I come up that will be Sunday nite some time as I have made arrangement to get off Monday and tues.
Well I had better close so be ready.
John
Sept 22, 42
Dear Sis
Well how are you an the school kids getting along. I suppose you think that I never would write but finally got around to it They keep us pretty busy yet I went to K.C. last nite the first time since got back. I got a letter from Ruth this week she said that she was not going to get married until after the war is over as she was have a good time (until is scratched out) now. Got a letter from George Dunn a boy from Jamesport he is in Calif now He was out here.
Doyle Spencer is stationed here now but I have not seen him out here yet but think will hunt him up some time to day.
Well I can not think of much to write about It sure has been cold out here the last few day came a big frost last Saterday nite and never warmed up any yet. My buddy has went to Calif. but sould be back tomorrow or next day they have (2 scratched out words) built allour bunk (scratched out word) double now I have a top bunk have to get me a chair to get in bed now. (?) Well I have run out of any thing to say.
John

No comments: