Sunday, July 27, 2014

Roger D. Axsom, Unit Manager, Canteen Corporation

from the Axsom Shoebox of Memories
Uncle Roger's business card
Canteen Corporation, 70 W. Hedding, San Jose, CA 95110, (408) 295-9677
did a google search to see what Canteen Corporation did. everything in San Jose CA was vending machines. I thought he ran like a cafeteria style restaurant...(?) it could of changed over the years, or I could just be wrong.
then did an image search...and this is what I found with this image (look how tech savvy I've become watching Catfish!
and then I went to the website and found this:
Canteen Vending is the only national (and the largest) vending operating company in the country with several locations, one of which is located right here in San Leandro. This family operated business provides onsite dining, food and beverage vending, not to mention exciting décor and finishes. When the company decided it was time to update the logo decals on several of their trucks, they selected SignWorks to do the project. The colorful logo was printed using an opaque vinyl because the client will be covering an existing door decal. This type of vinyl will prevent the previous graphic from showing through. Like many of our fleet vehicle customers, the client wanted an affordable option that would fit their budget while still reinforcing the brand identity of the company which has been in operation since 1929. If you are trying to keep an upcoming fleet graphics project on time and on budget, give SignWorks a call at (510) 357-2000 or send us an email at info@signworks.us.com. We would be delighted to explore options that will keep the project affordable.
SO: onsite dining. maybe I wasn't entirely in error.....

1 comment:

Ed said...

Hi,

My name is Ed Cosentino and I was best friends with Roger and extremely close with Alfred and Pauline. Unfortunately because of the times and a family member the truth of Rogers passing was covered up by saying he passed of cancer which is false.

You are correct in that he worked for Canteen and he managed a cafeteria at the IBM location in San Jose. He had a passion for music and owned a piano and played for his friends.

He was the best and I miss him very much. I still keep his last birthday picture with Alfred and Pauline out on my dresser. I miss all of them very much.

If you would like to know anything about Roger then please let me know.

Best to you,
Ed
EdCos76@Gmail.com