Monday, October 27, 2014

Dear Debbie and family,

11-1-99
Thrift stores are my favorite places to shop. I get books (many to loan to a rest home resident), most of my wardrobe, knick knacks, toys, & stuffed animals and things for theme parties or Halloween. I got a coffee table and 2 nice rocking, wing chairs, platform rockers, which I had reupholstered alike. I got a set of Christmas dishes & glasses (I'd always wanted some.) Occasionally I find a neat pitcher for my collection. I've also bought some movies and some quilts, pictures, and craft like things even.
The girls and I stopped in Jamesport and had buffet lunches at Gingrich Pantry. The food is scrumptious (they included apple sheet cake with a sauce for dessert!) They only charged $2.99 for kids under 12! They also had soft serve ice cream included. We browsed many shops, the girls petted a horse and we stopped at one Amish farm on a curve as you head towards Gallatin and got some not-too-large pumpkins, a jug of cider, and 2 smallish watermelons. Of course I always get loaves of bread from the Amish bakery!!
I heard from Aunt Dona last week. her oldest daughter your dad's age is moving to Princeton in the old Axtell home. Don't know how she managed to retire so early. Wish I could!!!

No comments: