Monday, October 27, 2014

Dear Debbie,

9-8-2014
This morning when I was outside briefly. Phyllis (Sharp) Smith called and left a message that Rowena (her sister) passed away and she said that she'd call back, but so far hasn't. They were our closest neighbors on Rt. A. Phyllis is a year older than me and I think Rowena was 2 years older than her, which would make her 77. They were 13 and 15 (I think) when their baby brother was born in Sept. 1952. (same year as Roger.)
This afternoon, upon leaving the Vaile, a guy in a pickup truck ran a red light, T-boned a car which whirled around into the car in front of me, driven by a Vaile volunteer. Luckily, I escaped by a hair. Another volunteer was right behind me. A 4th one was further back (with cars between her and us) so she turned onto a side street. I waited around, but couldn't be a waitress, since I know Mary Ann. Both the T-boned lady and Mary Ann were loaded into ambulances. still another volunteer Joann told me by phone that Mary Ann has had hip replacements. Joann saw on the 4 o'clock news info that said one person was seriously injured.
....went on a chartered bus trip to Arrow Rock Aug. 27th.
My Mom said, "You never expect to outlive one of your children!"
Freeda wrote me that Darla's oldest Tricia had baby #6 on Aug. 29. everybody but Morgan & Marc were there. The midwife told Tricia that she should stay off her feet and rest, so her husband was taking the older 5 to a park and the pool. The kids are 10 1/2 down to under 3. Baby named Liberty Ann.
a raccoon (they think) got into a 3rd floor storage room at Vaile and tore ups some Christmas gift shop buyers stuff early in the summer.
Aunt Freeda dislikes gossip.
the reason her granddaughter and grandson-in-law changed their last name was no ones business. (deb agrees.) another granddaughter's divorce shouldn't be mentioned, and it was for the best. (again: agreed.)

No comments: