Monday, October 27, 2014

Hello Dear Ones:

Feb. 7-1999
Hello Dear Ones: I received your card & the pictures, Gee the kids are really growing & I was surprised but Happy about the new baby. She looks like a doll.
They are so precious when they are little & growing up.
Yes, we are in another care center as Wanda says she just can't help take of us anymore but she sure was well enough to take all of money, my car, an Ins. policy that I had for Clyde for $2.000.00. She held a pen in Clyde's hand & then she held his hand & made him sign that policy one morning while I was at the grocery store, then she sent the policy in & cashed it, besides $130,000.00 that I had saved up & $55,000.00 that I got out of our house when we sold it & came down here to live with her.
And she promised to keep us until we died but now here we are & she don't even come to se us very often. She has only been here 1 time since Thanksgiving.
Juanita or any of them have been here either, but she was sure glad to get the $20,000.00 I loaned her to buy her new truck & instead of her paying me the money every month she paid it to Wanda, & Wanda took our Social Security checks too as she got me to sign papers for her to be our trustee.
But now our Social Security checks comes here to this home & Clyde & I each get $30.00 per month to buy our needs.
But we will make it someway but it is a little rough.
I hope all of you are well & can enjoy life. Clyde & I were married 62 years Jan. 9th & he was 82 & I will be 80 in July so we have had a pretty good life, but now that he has Alzheimers, he doesn't even talk any more & now he is losing a lot of weight but otherwise he is pretty healthy.
The kids of yours are sure growing up & Koren is a beautiful girl & K.J. is a handsome boy.
I know you all are real proud of them. I sure like the baby's name, we sure don't have one with that name. It is a real pretty name.
It sounds like you & Kevin stay pretty busy. That is great that you can both work, as everything is so high now. Well dear ones let us hear from you again, I love to get letters.
Bye Bye -
Love
Grandma & Grandpa Blaylock
this is sad. since they were in the nursing home, I am assuming the kids had to take over their financial affairs. Grandma didn't seem to understand.

No comments: