Monday, December 24, 2012

I got the package you sent today but have not had time open it yet and don't know as will have time until in the morning as going to work all nite to nite...

postmarked Dec 23 1942 Fort Leavenworth Kans.
fromn John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell, Brimson MO
Dear Sis
I got the package you sent today but have not had time open it yet and don't know as will have time until in the morning as going to work all nite to nite have been working all day. I went to K.C. Sunday nite Stayed all nite and Monday Betty went (a bunch of scratched out words) to Ohio last Thur and came back Friday nite she said they were going to send her to New Jersy next week sometime.
I had not heard just when they will send us out but they took 67 out yesterday and said they would be some more out before first of the year. We had about half inch of ice yesterday but the sun is shining now and look like it will all leave today.
Pat never had had his baby yet I tell him still think it is a watermellon but he does not think so. Well I had better close as supper is about ready and look like will be busy for awhile.
John

No comments: