Monday, December 24, 2012

Try my best to be a good Soldier but don't know whether I ever will make one or not.

letter dated Dec 27 1941
no envelope
Well Just a line to let you know I am all right and Try my best to be a good Soldier but don't know whether I ever will make one or not. I got a letter from Elsie Shirley and one from Carance (guessing on this one!) Eldie sent a box of candy for Christmas. Don't know when I will get to come home several of the boy go a pass to go home for Christmas but didn't put in for one as it looked stormy out here and I don't want to be very far away then. THe next time you see Harry ask him what would be the best to get a train out of K.C. on Saerday after noon as I can get a bus from here to K.C. every hour. Well it is four o'clock at here the bugle blowing for retreat at four thirty it will be chore time again say if you send any packages write and tell me the day before is they some time get lost if not got right after they come, well I will be up to see you all some of the day
You Son
John Maxwell

No comments: