Saturday, December 15, 2012

So I probly won't have time to do much else now for a few days so I will stay in very close and be a good boy.

postmarked Fort Leavenworth Kans. 5PM MAR 2 1942
March 1 1942
Dear Sis
Well, I will write a little more as did not have much room to write on a card but I am back home now and plenty of time so I will try and tell you where we have been. left last Friday for Wictacha Falls Texas as cook on troop train it sure was a nice place and a swell trip. It was the Funniest weather down there I ever been in. Would freeze you but would not freeze ice It come down a few drops of snow and they thought that was bad we told some of the girls down there if they would come out we would show them what snow looked like. We came back to KC and went over to the Service Club and took a bath and shaved the went up and see the Memorial town and seen all of the old war things and papers and picture of the last war.
If you ever go to K.C. you want to go down and see them. They are just across from the Union Depot up on the hill.
I won't go to work again until Morning and probly will work several day strait as the boy that was helping is going to get a pass. So I probly won't have time to do much else now for a few days so I will stay in very close and be a good boy.
Your Brother
John Maxwell

No comments: