Saturday, January 19, 2013

I am sorry you feel that way about Betty but I don't care what you say it will not change my mind about her I can't see why you should say any thing as I never tryed to tell you who to go with and who not to and if you had any thing to say about her why not tell me not write and try and get some body else to change thing but It would not do any good any for dont think it could be done. There is only one thing that keep us from being married not is the Allotiment so we talked it over and she said that it should not be changed no matter what happend as she has a good job and (scratched out) would not marry me for it anyway I hope that some day you will change your mind about her for thing that I like I alway wanted you to share with me but if you can't see it my way will have to (scratched out) take by my self but that is the way it is going to be

Cpl John Maxwell to Minerva Maxwell Brimson Mo postmarked Jan 9 1943 Fort Leavenworth Kans.
Jan 9 42
Dear Sis
I got back to camp all right got to ride the rocket back so got in camp in time to get some sleep. I went down to Max Smith yesterday after noon as he said he had a letter from you wanting him to give me a talking he showed me the letter and ask what it was all about I am sorry you feel that way about Betty but I don't care what you say it will not change my mind about her I can't see why you should say any thing as I never tryed to tell you who to go with and who not to and if you had any thing to say about her why not tell me not write and try and get some body else to change thing but It would not do any good any for dont think it could be done. There is only one thing that keep us from being married not is the Allotiment so we talked it over and she said that it should not be changed no matter what happend as she has a good job and (scratched out) would not marry me for it anyway I hope that some day you will change your mind about her for thing that I like I alway wanted you to share with me but if you can't see it my way will have to (scratched out) take by my self but that is the way it is going to be well I had better close for got to get up at four in the morning I will work three day straight and will get at three so I think will go over and see Leland a while. So write soon.
Your Brother
John
ok.....what ever happened with Betty? nosy later generations want to know...don't remember her being mentioned before....and almost out of letters to read...(sigh)

No comments: